About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Thursday 9 October 2014

First Crochet Lesson

Four ladies came to the first crochet lesson.

I took a few photos of the table before we began but the time flew by so fast that I forgot to take any other photos.

I made up some bags for each to keep their yarn, hook and patterns in.

We learnt the basic chain stitch (ch) and then went on to double crochet (dc). I think everyone agrees that the first 2 rows are definitely the hardest but when you get further along it gets easier.

It would seem that I hold my hook and yarn in quite an unconventional way but if the end result is OK then it doesn't really matter and that we need to find a way that is comfortable for the individual.


I showed them some pieces I had made including the necklace which is made with wire, initially strung with all the beads and then crocheted up using chain stitch.

We also started on our snowflakes.

I'm looking forward to next week already.

1 comment:

Sue said...

The ladies were so lucky to be able to be there and learn how to do such beautiful work.

Sadly my dad passed away Tuesday morning and I am so busy doing all that needs to be done. I'm over at his bungalow a lot, so not getting much done here. By the time I get home I am shattered.

I really like the bird and would love to make that.

You have a nice week. Sue